Affinity’s Rainbow Liaison and Training team offer education and consultation that will develop your skills and awareness about how to provide effective services to people of diverse sexes, genders and sexualities. We are also available to people who are currently accessing mental health services and would like information, resources or advocacy in relation to gender, sex and/or sexuality.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Education for people working in mental health and addiction services about how to provide safe and effective services to people of diverse sexes, genders, and sexualities.
- Liaising between Rainbow communities (individuals or groups) and mental health services. We are also available for friends, family, and whanau to obtain more information about navigating mental health services and supporting people of diverse sexes, genders, and sexualities.
- Consults for staff working in mental health and addiction services about best practice in this area.
- Resources about best practice and commonly asked questions in relation to supporting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, fa’afafine, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, gender fluid, gender non-conforming, asexual, cross-dressing, questioning, gender/sex/sexuality diverse, or part of Rainbow communities.
- Navigational support for people who want to access health/medical services as part of a gender transition (changing gender).
HOW TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE:
For more information about education packages and workshops available, or for enquiries about how we can help you navigate services, contact the Rainbow Liaison and Training Team on 027 7000 433 or (09) 531 4040.